Subject: Non-window player listing util
From: [email-masked] (Ivan Vazquez)
Date: 5 Feb 92 03:00:32 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.games.xtrek

Well after many nights of going home and wishing I could find out if a game
was going on from my (non-x) terminal at home I decided to brave the
scary world of the netrek code and hack up a little program.

All this does is calls out to the server requested and prints out the
list of players currently on the server (ala Shift-L) as text to your
screen.  Or if there is a queue it prints out how long a wait there
is.  

To Netrek hackers:  am I correct in assuming that the server will not
send anything other than queue packets to the queued clients?  Or
could I still get the player information from the server while queued?

Ivan (Foozle, Grey Death)

All comments appreciated but I'm no netrek code expert so no flames dammit!

----

NOTES : patched by jch on 3/14/92 so that it
(a) reports ship types correctly (patch from Julian Ho)
(b) groups ships by team
(c) will work with even the most brain-damaged make