Subject: Re: misc6x13 font

From: Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:21:03 +0100 ()

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Scott Evans wrote:

> bold versions.  Do you have an italic one as well?

Well, I use 6x13 in many programs. Both 6x13 and 6x13B seem to have the
italic builtin. NT is much more generous (compared to '95) dealing with 
fonts. This is something that bugs me. Under '95, a few programs display
all the installed fonts but, most programs display just part of them. I
supose that under '95 the default behaviour is to show the printable fonts
by default and under NT to show screen fonts by default.

I want to recall we had the regular/bold/italic font display discusion
a while ago on this list. The conclusion was (I might have got it all
wrong) that you couldn't display different fonts in one session.
This is a builtin limitation in NTEmacs.

> 
> This works for me as well, though NTemacs doesn't seem to be able to
> figure out the bold font (strange, since substituting "bold" for
> "medium" in the font string works fine).  Do you do something special
> to indicate that 6x13b is your bold font?

No, I gave up.

> BTW, here's something that might help you out in return.  If you just
> set default-frame-alist in your .emacs, NTemacs will come up in its
> default position and then resize to whatever's set in your .emacs,
> which bugs me.  So I modified me Emacs icon to run this command line:
> 
>   C:\Emacs\bin\runemacs.exe -g 81x69-0+0 -bg black -fg white -font ""-*-6X13-medium-r-*-*-13-97-*-*-p-60-*-ansi-"
> 
> ...which works great.

Thanks for the tip.

> --
>  scott evans
>  [email-masked]
>  http://www.his.com/~gse

_______________________________________________________________________
Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn       email: [email-masked]
Axis Communications AB         switch board phone: +46 (0)46 270 1800
SE-223 70 Lund, Sweden         fax:                +46 (0)46 13 61 30
                               WWW server at http://www.axis.com/
DISCLAIMER -->      Views expressed herein are mine      <-- DISCLAIMER
     unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message