Subject: bug in load from ange-ftp directory?

From: Ronan Waide <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 11:24 GMT

Hiho,

I'm using the recent patched version of emacs 19.34 on win95 at the
moment. In an attempt to consolidate disparate emacs src and lib
directories, I've put a lot of stuff on a local ftp-able machine, and
I load it from there. However, emacs seems to have some trouble
loading .elc files via the ftp link; it successfully downloads them to
the local drive, but then fails to load them, usually complaining of
a missing bracket. Doing a find-file followed by eval-current-buffer
works fine, however. I suspect it may be loading the downloaded file
in text-mode, since ange-ftp creates the downloaded file as a
temporary file with no extension. Could either of you confirm this
suspicion?

Regards,
Waider. I'll try hacking ange-ftp-load (again!) in the meantime.
-- 
[email-masked] / AutoDealing Software Ltd / +353-1-6766455

Never attribute to malloc that which can be adequately explained by stupidity