Subject: Re: colors and fonts

From: MASSE MARK STEPHEN <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 15:32:37 -0600 (MDT)

> Hi,
> 
> I'm new to emacs on NT 4.0 beta 2 and to this list, so my advance apologies if
> this one's been seen a zillion times.
> 
> I've been using XEmacs on SGI and like the fact that fontification and
> colorization happens dynamically. On NT, I seem to have to fontify the buffer
> to get this to happen. Can this be changed?
> 
> Thanks,
> Rob

Hello,

  Here is a little hack that works well for me:

	;; Fontify buffer with mode, when file is opened
	(add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'font-lock-mode)

  and I also like:

	(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

-Mark

***********************************************************************
Mark Masse                                       Undergraduate Student
                                        Department of Computer Science
[email-masked]                       University of Colorado  
http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~masse                    Boulder, CO
***********************************************************************

---

From: Darin Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 96 11:06:45 -0700

> 	(add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'font-lock-mode)

There's also (global-font-lock-mode t) which should do the same thing.