Subject: PRWIN32 / Printing from NTEmacs redux

From: "Jeffrey D. Paquette" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:56:27 -5

Apparently, several people out there have had problems with the
``pr'' utility I posted on my web site. Specifically, sometimes the
output of pr consists of nothing but the usage information. I put a
new version up (http://www.ici.net/customers/paquette/WinProgramming.html) 
that will print out the full command line whenever it displays the usage
information. 

If you are having this problem, or have had it in the past please use
this new version and mail the offending command line to me. 
BTW, I haven't seen this problem since I upgraded to NTEmacs 19.33.1. 
I'm wondering if there could be some malformed command lines out 
there :)

--
Jeff Paquette
[email-masked]

---

From: John Morey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:06:14 -0400

Jeff,

Thanks for the debug version of pr.  I was able to figure out what was
causing the trouble for me on Emacs version 19.34.  In the file lpr.el
there is a variable lpr-page-header-switches.  This is the variable
that ntemacs is using to print on my pc.  After I changed this
variable printing with pr was OK.  It seems strange that the value of
lpr-switches was echoed into the minibuffer but
lpr-page-header-switches was being used but I don't really understand
the lisp stuff.

--
John Morey

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey D Paquette <[email-masked]> writes:

Jeffrey> Apparently, several people out there have had problems with
Jeffrey> the ``pr'' utility I posted on my web site. Specifically,
Jeffrey> sometimes the output of pr consists of nothing but the usage
Jeffrey> information. I put a new version up
Jeffrey> (http://www.ici.net/customers/paquette/WinProgramming.html)
Jeffrey> that will print out the full command line whenever it
Jeffrey> displays the usage information.

Jeffrey> If you are having this problem, or have had it in the past
Jeffrey> please use this new version and mail the offending command
Jeffrey> line to me.  BTW, I haven't seen this problem since I
Jeffrey> upgraded to NTEmacs 19.33.1.  I'm wondering if there could be
Jeffrey> some malformed command lines out there :)

Jeffrey> --
Jeffrey> Jeff Paquette
Jeffrey> [email-masked]