Subject: Re: [Solved] Re: emacs won't startup in win95 or NT4.0

From: Ronan Waide <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 96 09:52:20 +0000 (GMT)

On November 5, Kin Cho said:
> Turns out on this particular machine, reducing the number of display colors
> from 64K to 256 fixed the problem.
> 
> -kin
> 

It sounds like emacs and your video driver may be conflicting over
memory usage; there are several previous discussions on this thread in
the mailing list archives at
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html#mailing-archives
In general, the solution appears to be a recompile of the Emacs
executable.

Regards,
Waider.
-- 
[email-masked] / AutoDealing Software Ltd / +353-1-6766455

"...see you in the future, man." and he says, "Yeah, if there is one."
                              - Apollo 440 / Mick Jagger (allegedly)