Subject: Announce: suck-2.4 releaseed!

From: [email-masked] (Robert A. Yetman)
Date: 2 Oct 1995 01:50:34 GMT

Since there are other users of this besides the Linux
community, I am crossposting this here.  It may take
a day or two to migrate to the correct locations.  Check
sunsite.unc.edu /pub/linux/Incoming. 

[email-masked]
*********************************************************
This is to announce the release of suck-2.4

MAJOR CHANGES
********************************
1.  Changed the name of the new sucknewsrc file from suck.tmp to 
suck.newrc.  This was done so that the name would better show
what it actually is.  Change your batchfiles to reflect this.
********************************

2.  Moved user-modifible options to config.h
	 
3.  Added -d[dtm] options to specify directories on the command line
See README for more details.

4.  Added Timer option to show elapsed BPS. See config.h

5. Various fixes to allow to compile on Suns

6. Added select for timeout if the link dies.  See config.h

7. Added Killfile processing option.  
See config.h and README for more details.

8. Added capability to download specific messages by message-ID.
See README for more details.

LOCATION
========
Site1	     = sunsite.unc.edu
Path1        = /pub/Linux/system/Mail/news
File1        = suck-2.4.tar.gz

Site2        = tsx-11.mit.edu
Path2        = /pub/linux/sources/sbin
File2        = suck-2.4.tar.gz

INTRODUCTION
============
This package contains the following software for copying news from an
NNTP server to your local machine, and copying replies back up to
an NNTP server.

suck		Pull a small newsfeed from an NNTP server, avoiding the
			NEWNEWS command.

lpost		Gives one article fetched by suck to the local server.

rpost		Posts article(s) to an NNTP server (like inews).

testhost        Check to see what commands your host recognizes or
		get the active list.

get.news	a script to tie all this together.

put.news	a script called by rpost (see below)

NOTE:
Suck will not work with obsolete NNTP servers that can't handle
the xhdr command. inn-1.4sec has its own NNTP server that can handle xhdr,
cnews.CR-G has no own NNTP server so it depends on which NNTP server you
connect to cnews.

-- 
[email-masked]