Subject: v04INF1: PostScript Sources monthly FAQ v1.13 04-30-95 [3 of 3]
From: Allen Braunsdorf <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 1995 19:43:05 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sources.postscript,comp.answers,news.answers

-- PostScript Sources -- 

                  Introduction to comp.sources.postscript 

                  (the comp.sources.postscript FAQ v1.13) 

                              Allen Braunsdorf 

                        [email-masked] 

                     This FAQ is formatted as a digest. 

                Most news readers can skip from one question 

                to the next by pressing control-G. GNUs uses 

                   C-c C-n to skip to the next question. 

        To contribute sources, read the section ``Submitting 
        Sources''. 

        Newsgroup-related mail that is not a submission should be 
        sent to me at [email-masked] 

        Related FAQs: comp.lang.postscript, comp.sources.misc, 
        comp.text, comp.text.tex, comp.fonts, comp.graphics. 

        The comp.sources.postscript archives are available by ftp 
        to ftp.sterling.com in /usenet/comp.sources.postscript/ or 
        ftp.ips.cs.tu-bs.de in /usenet/comp.sources.postscript. 
        There is an index in the last section of this FAQ. 

        This FAQ and the indexes are available by anonymous ftp to 
        wilma.cs.brown.edu:pub/comp.sources.postscript. You can get 
        the comp.lang.postscript FAQ by anonymous ftp to 
        wilma.cs.brown.edu:pub/comp.lang.postscript. Both come in 
        ASCII, LaTeX, DVI, and PostScript formats. 

        6 comp.sources.postscript Index to Volume 1 

        This is an index of all programs that have been posted to 
        comp.sources.postscript. 

        The comp.sources.postscript archives are available by ftp 
        to ftp.sterling.com in /usenet/comp.sources.postscript/ or 
        by ftp to wilma.cs.brown.edu in 
        pub/comp.sources.postscript/Posts. 

      v01i001: radsheet - a collage of radiation symbols, Part01/01
      v01i002: roachsheet - a collage of roaches, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i003: roaches - a bunch of roaches, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i004: moesheet - a collage of Moes, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i005: bobsheet - Illuminati, J.R. Bob Dobbs, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i006: yinyang.eps - Yin-Yang symbol, Clip Art, EPS, Part01/01
      v01i007:  acmlogo - The ACM Logo in EPSI, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i008: GradFill - example of a fast smooth gradient fill, Part01/01
      v01i009: pcal - PostScript calendar generator
      v01i010: Messenger - a relaxed Courier-like font, Font, Part01/02
      v01i011: Messenger - a relaxed Courier-like font, Font, Part02/02
      v01i012: No-No - the forbidden sign in EPSI, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i013: X_Logo - the X Windows Logo in EPSI, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i014: motif-logo - the OSF/MOTIF Logo in EPSI, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i015: X_Logo2 - X Windows Logo in scarlet EPSI, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i016: bid - A bridge bidding sheet, Part01/01
      v01i017: music - a blank music sheet, Part01/01
      v01i018: book-page  - a "typical book page", joke image, Part01/01
      v01i019: Yin-Yang - A yin-yang symbol in EPS, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i020: audio-tape - makes cassette, DAT, 8mm tape labels, Part01/02
      v01i021: audio-tape - makes cassette, DAT, 8mm tape labels, Part02/02
      v01i022: video-tape - labels for VHS tapes, version 2.2, Part01/01
      v01i023: copyright - The US Copyright Office's FORM TX, Part01/01
      v01i024: trefoil - trefoil lines with hiding logic, Part01/01
      v01i025: calendar - A simple calendar, PostScript level-2, Part01/01
      v01i026: parseAFM - Ada binding to Adobe's AFM Parser, Part01/02
      v01i027: parseAFM - Ada binding to Adobe's AFM Parser, Part02/02
      v01i028: halftone - PostScript Halftone Example, Part01/01
      v01i029: distps - Mandlebrot Set, Program, Part01/01
      v01i030: hexroot - Draws hexagons on OpenWindows root, Part01/01
      v01i031: sorting - Sorting routines in PostScript, Utility, Part01/01
      v01i032: calendar REPOST - A simple calendar in level 2 or 1, Part01/01
      v01i033: quickref - Two PostScript Language Quick Ref Sheets, Part01/01
      v01i034: sorting2 - Merge sort example in PostScript, Part01/01
      v01i035: basketball - NCAA Basketball Tournament Pairings, Part01/01
      v01i036: osflogo - The OSF Logo in color EPSI, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i037: isolatin1 - Line Printer simulator, ascii->ps, Part01/01
      v01i038: obfs93 - The Obfuscated PostScript Contest Results, Part01/03
      v01i039: obfs93 - The Obfuscated PostScript Contest Results, Part02/03
      v01i040: obfs93 - The Obfuscated PostScript Contest Results, Part03/03
      v01i041: hexs - A game board with hexagons, Part01/01
      v01i042: notsign - The forbidden sign in PostScript, Part01/01
      v01i043: purse - A pattern for a coin purse, Part01/01
      v01i044: biohazard - The biohazard symbol, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i045 REPOST: fractals - Fractal PostScript programs, Part01/02
      v01i046 REPOST: fractals - Fractal PostScript programs, Part02/02
      v01i047: examples - PostScript programming examples, Part01/01
      v01i048: ransom - magazine clip ransom note programs & font, Part01/01
      v01i049: organizer - Date & address books, diary & calendar, Part01/01
      v01i050: showc - centers, concatenates a string, Example, Part01/01
      v01i051: lpsim - A simple raw ASCII -> PostScript converter, Part01/01
      v01i052: sched - A daily schedule program, Part01/01
      v01i053: pckeybd - Template for FN keys on IBM AT keyboard, Part01/01
      v01i054: kidnapper - Another "ransom"-like font, Font, Part01/01
      v01i055: airplane - A couple of paper airplanes, Toys, Part01/01
      v01i056: postal - Envelope address, with postal bar code, Part01/01
      v01i057: printfont - Lots of font printing utilities, Part01/02
      v01i058: printfont - Lots of font printing utilities, Part02/02
      v01i059: musiclabels - CD, cassette, videotape label makers, Part01/07
      v01i060: musiclabels - CD, cassette, videotape label makers, Part02/07
      v01i061: musiclabels - CD, cassette, videotape label makers, Part03/07
      v01i062: musiclabels - CD, cassette, videotape label makers, Part04/07
      v01i063: musiclabels - CD, cassette, videotape label makers, Part05/07
      v01i064: musiclabels - CD, cassette, videotape label makers, Part06/07
      v01i065: musiclabels - CD, cassette, videotape label makers, Part07/07
      v01i066: textpro - Text manipulation functions, Utility, Part01/01
      v01i067: draft - Prints "draft" behind each page, Program, Part01/01
      v01i068: buscard - A Basic Program to print Business Cards, Part01/01
      v01i069: shapes - A font made from shapes, Font, Example, Part01/01
      v01i070: spooling - Spooling system utilities, Part01/01
      v01i071: pst - Combines PostScript programs, Utility, Part01/01
      v01i072: pstotgif - Converts PostScript to TGIF, Utility, Part01/01
      v01i073: ppst - The PostScript Processing Speed Test, Part01/02
      v01i074: ppst - The PostScript Processing Speed Test, Part02/02
      v01i075: mmpapier - Millimeter graph paper, Part01/01
      v01i076: maillabel - Mailing label PostScript for xeroxing, Part01/01
      v01i077: logpaper - customizable Log paper, plots points, Part01/01
      v01i078: lottery - Some lottery tickets, Part01/01
      v01i079: - PSTutils, Utilities, Part01/02
      v01i080: - PSTutils, Utilities, Part02/02
      v01i081: hp2ps v1.8 - Converts HPGL to PostScript, Program, Part01/02
      v01i082: hp2ps v1.8 - Converts HPGL to PostScript, Program, Part02/02
      v01i083: buscard2 - UNIX shell to print Business cards, Part01/01
      v01i084: poster - Scales up your posters onto many pages, Part01/01
      v01i085: ecflag - The European Community Flag, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i086: shapeshifter - Converts between page sizes, Part01/01
      v01i087: wp2ps - Fixes up Word Perfect PostScript, Utility, Part01/01
      v01i088: cdlogo - The compact disc logo, Logo, Part01/01
      v01i089: noselling - A No Soliciting Sign, Part01/01
      v01i090: ppst - v3.1, PostScript speed tester, Utility, Part01/01
      v01i091: taxform - A joke tax form in PostScript, Program, Part01/01
      v01i092: marslogo - Military Affiliate Radio System Logo, Part01/01
      v01i093: eps2epsi - Converts EPS to EPSI, Utility, Part01/01
      v01i094: logpaper - Log paper in PostScript, Part01/01
      v01i095: dither - Choose the optimum dither frequency, Part01/01
      v01i096: deskcal - A desk calendar on a dodecahedron, Part01/01
      v01i097: wallpaper - some color randomized wallpaper, Part01/01
      v01i098: lcal - A lunar calendar program, Part01/02
      v01i099: lcal - A lunar calendar program, Part02/02
      v01i100: compass - The compass rose measuring tool, Part01/01
      v01i101: lego - A Lego library and examples, version 0.1, Part01/01
      v01i102: logos - Many various logos, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v01i103: barcode - A bar code maker, Utility, Part01/01

        7 comp.sources.postscript Index to Volume 2 

      v02i001: draft - Prints "draft" behind each page, Program, Part01/01
      v02i002: barcode - A bar code maker, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i003: wavy - Make wavy postscript letters, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i004: turntable - A turntable speed strobe disc, Program, Part01/01
      v02i005: pgcount - Counts pages in PostScript file, Program, Part01/01
      v02i006: nib - Calligraphic letter utility, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i007: ex-font - How to make your own font, Example, Font, Part01/01
      v02i008: pcalmoons - Moon files for pcal calendar, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i009: wirewrap - A wire wrapping utility, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i010: dodec - An animated dodecahedron, Demo, Part01/01
      v02i011: trigraph - Triangular graph paper, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i012: landscape, Rotates every page in your file, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i013: audio-tape - makes cassette, DAT, 8mm tape labels, Part01/03
      v02i014: audio-tape - makes cassette, DAT, 8mm tape labels, Part02/03
      v02i015: audio-tape - makes cassette, DAT, 8mm tape labels, Part03/03
      v02i016: draft v1.3 - Prints "draft" behind each page, Part01/01
      v02i017: cigarette - A joke cigarette box, Part01/01
      v02i018: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part00/51
      v02i019: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part01/51
      v02i020: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part02/51
      v02i021: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part03/51
      v02i022: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part04/51
      v02i023: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part05/51
      v02i024: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part06/51
      v02i025: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part07/51
      v02i026: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part08/51
      v02i027: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part09/51
      v02i028: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part10/51
      v02i029: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part11/51
      v02i030: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part12/51
      v02i031: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part13/51
      v02i032: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part14/51
      v02i033: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part15/51
      v02i034: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part16/51
      v02i035: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part17/51
      v02i036: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part18/51
      v02i037: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part19/51
      v02i038: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part20/51
      v02i039: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part21/51
      v02i040: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part22/51
      v02i041: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part23/51
      v02i042: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part24/51
      v02i043: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part25/51
      v02i044: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part26/51
      v02i045: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part27/51
      v02i046: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part28/51
      v02i047: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part29/51
      v02i048: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part30/51
      v02i049: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part31/51
      v02i050: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part32/51
      v02i051: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part33/51
      v02i052: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part34/51
      v02i053: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part35/51
      v02i054: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part36/51
      v02i055: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part37/51
      v02i056: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part38/51
      v02i057: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part39/51
      v02i058: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part40/51
      v02i059: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part41/51
      v02i060: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part42/51
      v02i061: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part43/51
      v02i062: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part44/51
      v02i063: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part45/51
      v02i064: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part46/51
      v02i065: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part47/51
      v02i066: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part48/51
      v02i067: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part49/51
      v02i068: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part50/51
      v02i069: psflit - Prints C and C++ in PostScript, Utility, Part51/51
      v02i070: colorimg - Use "colorimage" in level 1 PS, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i071: recycle - The Recycle logo, version 1.0, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i072: recycle REPOST - Recycle logo, v 1.01, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i073: cnn - CNN Covers the World, (a joke), Art, Part01/01
      v02i074: fantasia - The Sorceror's Apprentice, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i075: irfix - A PostScript picture scaler, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i076: border - Border for a paper certificate, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i077: startrek - Star Trek pictures of spaceships, Art, Part01/01
      v02i078: frame - A nice certificate frame, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i079: valentine - Two valentines day cards, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i080: awards - Nice certificate UNIX scripts, Program, Part01/01
      v02i081: ppst - PS Processing Speed Test, version 4.0 alpha, Part01/01
      v02i082: ppst - PS Processing Speed Test, version 3.2 alpha, Part01/01
      v02i083: ppst - PS Processing Speed Test, version 3.2 beta, Part01/01
      v02i084: guitar - Match a guitar's bridge saddle, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i085: chords - Blank chord digrams for guitars, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i086: pstab - Typset a guitar tablature, v1.0, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i087: colorbox - All the colors of your printer, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i088: ncaa - 1994 Women NCAA Tournament Table, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i089: ncaa2 - 1994 Mens' NCAA Tournament Table, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i090: pstab - Typset a guitar tablature, v2.0, Utility, Part01/02
      v02i091: pstab - Typset a guitar tablature, v2.0, Utility, Part02/02
      v02i092: ppst - PS Processing Speed Test, version 3.2, Part01/01
      v02i093: baseball - v1.0: Baseball scorecard, Utility, Part 01/01
      v02i094: intelout - A nice un-Intel PS Program, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i095: ehandlers - Some PostScript "debuggers", Utility, Part01/01
      v02i096: solaris - A Joke Solaris Logo, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i097: mapmaker - Draws surface maps in 3D, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i098: eps2gif, Converts PostScript to GIF, Utility, Part01/01
      v02i099: vcsoccer - World Cup Soccer 1994 game chart, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i100: basketbl - A basketball score sheet, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i101: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i102: fcc610 - Amateur Radio Operator Form, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i103: jlabel - Make your own jingle labels, Utility, Part01/03
      v02i104: jlabel - Make your own jingle labels, Utility, Part02/03
      v02i105: jlabel - Make your own jingle labels, Utility, Part03/03
      v02i106: radsym - The Radiation Symbol, Clip Art, Part01/01
      v02i107: hazard - Various hazard symbols, Clip Art, Part01/01

        8 comp.sources.postscript Index to Volume 3 

      v03i001: pubfern - Generates a PostScript Fern, Program, Part01/01
      v03i002: pstohtml - Converts PostScript to HTML, Utility, Part01/01
      v03i003: halftone - Adjust your setscreen, Program, Part01/01
      v03i004: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part01/07
      v03i005: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part02/07
      v03i006: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part03/07
      v03i007: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part04/07
      v03i008: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part05/07
      v03i009: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part06/07
      v03i010: bike2wk - Bike to Work T-Shirt, Clip Art, Part07/07
      v03i011: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part01/18
      v03i012: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part02/18
      v03i013: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part03/18
      v03i014: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part04/18
      v03i015: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part05/18
      v03i016: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part06/18
      v03i017: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part07/18
      v03i018: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part08/18
      v03i019: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part09/18
      v03i020: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part10/18
      v03i021: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part11/18
      v03i022: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part12/18
      v03i023: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part13/18
      v03i024: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part14/18
      v03i025: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part15/18
      v03i026: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part16/18
      v03i027: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part17/18
      v03i028: prg - PostScript report generator, v1.0, Program, Part18/18
      v03i029: ttf2ps - TrueType Font to PostScript, Utility, Part01/01
      v03i030: ps2ai - PostScript to Illustrator, v2.31, Utility, Part01/01
      v03i031: cal100 - A 100 Year Calendar, Utility, Part01/01
      v03i032: psnup - Print ANY PS file many-to-a-page, Utility, Part01/04
      v03i033: psnup - Print ANY PS file many-to-a-page, Utility, Part02/04
      v03i034: psnup - Print ANY PS file many-to-a-page, Utility, Part03/04
      v03i035: psnup - Print ANY PS file many-to-a-page, Utility, Part04/04
      v03i036: pacc - simplify accented character input for PS, Part01/01
      v03i037: psfmt - General purpose PostScript text formatter, Part01/07
      v03i038: psfmt - General purpose PostScript text formatter, Part02/07
      v03i039: psfmt - General purpose PostScript text formatter, Part03/07
      v03i040: psfmt - General purpose PostScript text formatter, Part04/07
      v03i041: psfmt - General purpose PostScript text formatter, Part05/07
      v03i042: psfmt - General purpose PostScript text formatter, Part06/07
      v03i043: psfmt - General purpose PostScript text formatter, Part07/07
      v03i044: rect - make posters and forms, v1.0, Program, Part01/02
      v03i045: rect - make posters and forms, v1.0, Program, Part02/02
      v03i046: ttf2ps - True Type Font to PS, v1.2, Converter, Part01/01

        9 comp.sources.postscript Index to Volume 4 

      v04i001: periodic - Periodic Table of the Elements, Part01/01
      v04i002: ncaa - NCAA Basketball Tournaments, Part01/01
      v04i003: ulm - Ultimate Label Maker 2.2, Part01/01