Subject: NTEmacs on Alpha/NT4.0

From: Steve Carney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 17:57:41 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to build NTEmacs on an Alpha with NT V4.0.
After unpacking and building the 19.34 kit, I got the following:
  temacs.exe -batch -l loadup dump
    runtime error R7027
    - not enough space for lowio initialization

So, I copied config.nt to config.h and modified it as follows:
  - included m/alpha.h instead of m/i386.h
  - set BITS_PER_LONG to 64
When I tried to rebuild, file alloca.h is missing (included from
m/alpha.h).  Do you have this file (or is there an Alpha NT4.0 kit)?

BTW, I mistakenly used pkunzip to unpack the kit (later I used unzip).
pkunzip truncated many of the file-names during restoration.  Even
though there are unpacking directions in the FAQ, You might want to add a
reminder to the readme to help out other dummies...

Thanks,
        Steve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Carney        TEL:[41](22)782.90.60  http://www-digital.cern.ch/carney/
[email-masked]  FAX:[41](22)782.94.92