Subject: Undo bug using ange-ftp

From: Jim Wilcoxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 12:56:19 -0500

I've noticed an undo problem when using the ange-ftp extension.  If you
read a file using ange-ftp, delete a character, save the file, then do
an undo, the undo occurs but the buffer is still tagged as unmodified. 
If I undo several commands (do 3 deletes, save, 3 undos), the buffer is
tagged modified after the first undo but goes back to unmodified after
the last one.  All this works correctly on local files.  Anybody have
any ideas?

Jim

---

From: Fabio Somenzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 14:23:34 -0700

->I've noticed an undo problem when using the ange-ftp extension.  If you
->read a file using ange-ftp, delete a character, save the file, then do
->an undo, the undo occurs but the buffer is still tagged as unmodified. 
->If I undo several commands (do 3 deletes, save, 3 undos), the buffer is
->tagged modified after the first undo but goes back to unmodified after
->the last one.  All this works correctly on local files.  Anybody have
->any ideas?

I can only say that I've seen the same behavior on both Win95 and Linux.

Fabio
--
Fabio Somenzi          | Phone: 303-492-3466
University of Colorado | Fax:   303-492-2758
ECE Dept.              | Email: [email-masked]
Boulder CO 80309-0425  | WWW:   http://vlsi.colorado.edu/~fabio