Subject: Re: ange-ftp problem in search of a solution

From: [email-masked] (Chris McMahan)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:04:10 -0700 (PDT)

I've had the same problem from the start. The workaround I use is to
leave off the last letter or two from the filename, and let ange-ftp
complete it. This seems to load the directory tree correctly, and
everything else works from that point on.

I'd really appreciate a fix for this one!!!

Chris

>>> "KB" == Ken Brunell <[email-masked]> writes:
KB> Ken Brunell expounds:
>> Alfred Correira expounds:
>> > I can't get ange-ftp to work properly for me.  I *can* succesfully visit a
>> I have observed this same behavior.  I have found that I can't
>> retrieve anything with mixed-case in the path or file name.  I tried
KB> [...]

KB> Also, if I ask for, say, "index.html" it loads up dired and shows me a
KB> directory listing of that one file.  If I hit e to edit it from there,
KB> it gives (new file) as well.

KB> -Ken

==========================================================
Chris McMahan              	[email-masked]	
Teknowledge Corporation	      http://www.teknowledge.com/
(415) 424-0500
==========================================================
Hukt on fonix werkt fore me!