Subject: suggestion for multiple disk handling in nt/emacs

From: Ronan Waide <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 97 17:25 GMT

Hiho,

having stumbled across yet another bizarre ange-ftp/emacs interaction
which I haven't yet looked into - attaching a remote file to a mail
message using vm 6.20 results in failure since /something/ prepends a
"c:" to the ange-ftp filename - I came up with the following potential
workaround for drive-related problems:

Why not map all drives to pseudo-directories such that c:/foo becomes
/c/foo, d:/foo becomes /d/foo, etc. This would, in theory, remove the
ange-ftp related problems; additionally, it'd avoid confusion over
filenames that /don't/ specify the drive, and also it'd prevent dired
from whining about directories not having a common parent (saw that
bug mentioned on the list recently). On the downside, you'd have to
support d:/ notation anyway to keep people happy, I guess.

Oh well, just my $0.02...

Cheers,
Waider.
-- 
[email-masked] / AutoDealing Software Ltd. / +353-1-6766455

HTML is the computer equivalent of running over a page of text with a
few coloured pens, some nice pictures and some glue.