Subject: Emacs on W95???

From: [email-masked] (Mahmud Ashrafizaadeh)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 96 11:49:52 EDT

Dear Geoff Voelker:
 
 I have installed Emacs for win32 on a couple of our PC's and I 
 am running into some problems!
 I looked at the readme file and I noticed that it is O.K. with 
 you if people ask you their problems with the program directly. 
 I hope it is still O.k. and I am not disturbing your work.

 First of all, the Emacs itself seems to work fine but here are
 the problems:
 (a) On some PC's if we try to run any of the commands in the TeX
     menu (e.g. tex file, tex view) while editting a latex or tex 
     file it hungs! nothing works any more and you cannot even
     exit emacs or kill it!

 (b) On some other PC's this part works, so we are able to run
     tex on a file but when we exit Emacs and want to shut down
     the computer W95 complains that some programs are still 
     running and should be terminated before shutting down the 
     system and the system hungs here and we have to turn off
     the computer manually!
     There is another problem on these PC's which is similar 
     to the problem in part (a). If we spell check the buffer
     (we have installed ispell) and then try to run tex from the
     menu then Emacs hungs and nothing works (same as part (a).

  Are we missing something?
  Is there anything we can do to fix these problems?

 Since I don't want to bother you again, let me ask you one more
 question.
  How do I add an item to a menu? (In particular I want to add
  dvips to my tex menu).

 Many thanks in advance.

 mahmud Ashrafizaadeh
 Dept. of Mech. Eng.,
 Univ. of Waterloo, Ont.,
 Canada