Subject: bash and NT Emacs

From: Ron Forrester <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:49:59 -0800

I am using the beta 17.1 release of the Cygnus GNU toolset. under bash,
I my emacs related enviroment looks like:

declare -x EMACSDATA="/pub/emacs-19.34/etc"
declare -x EMACSDOC="/pub/emacs-19.34/etc"
declare -x EMACSLOADPATH="/usr/rjf/elisp;/pub/emacs-19.34/lisp;"
declare -x EMACSLOCKDIR="/pub/emacs-19.34/lock"
declare -x EMACSPATH="/pub/emacs-19.34/bin"
declare -x EMACS_PATH="c:\\pub\\emacs-19.34"
declare -x
INFOPATH="c:/usr/rjf/info;/pub/emacs-19.34/info;c:/usr/local/info"

declare -x HOME="/usr/rjf"

My problem is, when in bash, emacs doesn't see my .emacs file unless I
am in $HOME (/usr/rjf) when I execute it...

If I do a find file (C-x C-f), and enter $HOME and hit tab, it expands
to /usr/rjf as it should. If I enter ~/ and hit tab, it shows the
directory I was in when I ran emacs.

Has anyone got NT Emacs and bash living together nicely?

Thanks!rjf