Subject: Re: BAT mode, take 2

From: Peter Breton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:13:57 -0400

Ross> I am using your new mode under win 95 emacs-19.32.  The mode
 Ross> seems to be really cool and useful, however I have one problem.
 Ross> If I don't explicitly require bat-mode in my .emacs file, bat
 Ross> mode will not load when I open a bat file, instead I get
 Ross> "unknown function bat-mode".  

Did you try autoloading it? I guess that should be mentioned in the
Usage part.....

Put this in your .emacs/_emacs:

;; Mode for DOS and Windows BAT files
(autoload 'bat-mode "batmode"
  "DOS and WIndows BAT files" t)

 Ross> When I explicitly require the
 Ross> mode, it loads and I drop into bat-mode when I open a batch
 Ross> file, but font-lock does not fontify the buffer.  If I manually
 Ross> reload my .emacs file, or reload bat-mode the fontification
 Ross> seems to work.

I'm still figuring out some of the font-lock stuff. This works for me:

  (setq font-lock-global-modes t)

BAT mode should then automatically fontify (as will everything else).

One thig I've noticed is that Fontify-ing seems to take too long, perhaps
those regexps need a little tuning....

			Peter