Subject: Re: X11 fixed-width bitmap fonts for Windows

From: Rajiv Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:05:04 -0400

At 20:05 10/17/96 +0100, Andrew Innes wrote:

>>Anyone know where one can get the X fixed-width bitmap fonts (6x13,
>>10x20, etc.) in a Windows format?  In particular, I really want 6x13
>>(the ultimate programming font).  Anything else is just a bonus.
>>
>>I've checked info, the NT Emacs FAQ, and the web search engines, but
>>haven't found anything.
>
>Try searching for "bdftofon".  This is a program that converts the .bdf
>font source distributed with the X source into Windows .fon files.  You
>can then use the Control Panel to add the .fon files into the Windows
>font list.

Just for everyone's info, bdftofon was really hard to find (the only search
engine that came up with anything useful was Lycos - archie yields an
outdated site) but it can be found at
ftp://bart.starnet.com/xwin/bdftofon.exe - I hope this helps!

raj
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Rajiv N. Patel              Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione. 
 [email-masked]         (I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (John Birchfield)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 06:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

|From: Rajiv Patel <[email-masked]>
|Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
|
|At 20:05 10/17/96 +0100, Andrew Innes wrote:
|
|>>Anyone know where one can get the X fixed-width bitmap fonts (6x13,
|>>10x20, etc.) in a Windows format?  In particular, I really want 6x13
|>>(the ultimate programming font).  Anything else is just a bonus.
|>>
|>>I've checked info, the NT Emacs FAQ, and the web search engines, but
|>>haven't found anything.
|>
|>Try searching for "bdftofon".  This is a program that converts the .bdf
|>font source distributed with the X source into Windows .fon files.  You
|>can then use the Control Panel to add the .fon files into the Windows
|>font list.
|
|Just for everyone's info, bdftofon was really hard to find (the only search
|engine that came up with anything useful was Lycos - archie yields an
|outdated site) but it can be found at
|ftp://bart.starnet.com/xwin/bdftofon.exe - I hope this helps!

try 

 ftp://bart.starnet.com/pub/xwin/bdftofon.exe

|
|raj
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Rajiv N. Patel              Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione. 
| [email-masked]         (I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult.)
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-jb