Subject: NTEMacs and colors

From: Trey Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:02:05 -0800 (PST)

It's probably something you already know,
but just in case:

I took a look at the package:
   ftp://ftp.cyclic.com/pub/jimb/mandel.el
which draws mandelbrot sets.

It works fine on an Emacs w/an X window,
but NTEmacs bails with this error:

Signaling: (error "undefined color" "RGBi:0.250000/0.004487/0.870513")
  set-face-attribute-internal(62 background
"RGBi:0.250000/0.004487/0.870513" #<frame emacs@mrlnt012   3:58
0x1b64e00>)
  internal-set-face-1(mand-face-0 background
"RGBi:0.250000/0.004487/0.870513" 5 #<frame emacs@mrlnt012   3:58
0x1b64e00>)
  set-face-background(mand-face-0 "RGBi:0.250000/0.004487/0.870513"
#<frame emacs@mrlnt012   3:58 0x1b64e00>)
  set-face-background(mand-face-0 "RGBi:0.250000/0.004487/0.870513")
  (let ((face-sym ...) (face-color ...)) (aset mand-fleeing-faces i
face-sym) (make-face face-sym) (set-face-background face-sym
face-color) (set-face-foreground face-sym face-color))

So, I don't know if there's an easy way to fix the incompatibility b/w
X-windows Emacs and NTEmacs, but just in case you didn't know of it.

TJ

-- 
Trey Jackson
[email-masked]

"I wonder if angels believe in ghosts."
-- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey