Subject: compile.el and nmake on NT

From: David Biesack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:02:01 -0500

Does anyone have some wrappers/patches for using Microsoft nmake.exe
with M-x compile such that it handles directory tracking ala GNU make -w
option?

We have some nmake scripts which do cross directory builds on NT and I'd
like M-x next-error to process the relative pathnames correctly.  I have
left compilation-leave-directory-regexp and
compilation-enter-directory-regexp as is and actually added some

	@echo : Entering directory `$(ROOT)'

	@echo : Leaving directory `$(ROOT)'

statements to the build script and it partially works, but it does
require makefile changes instead of being support automatically by
make.

Another option would be to modify compilation-parse-errors to
recognize all cd command and "interpret them" without doing the dirstack
manipulation. Does anyone have such a patch?

(Yes, I'd rather use GNU make but there are quite a few others working
on the project and I can't convince everyone to switch.)

thanks