Subject: comint-completion-addsuffix and shell-mode hook

From: "Mark D. Grosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 09:54:28 -0700

I use the MKS Toolkit and its Korn shell under emacs. This shell uses "/"
as the path separator. As a result, I would like to have
comint-completion-addsuffix use the Unix style "/" and " " as the dir and
file suffixes when doing completion.

The winnt.el file adds a hook for shell-mode that sets this var to ("\" . " ").
It appears that the standard binaries are dumped using this setting, so
this hook is built in. I added my own hook, but since hooks are executed in 
LIFO order, it does not do any good. I don't see how I can automatically
overcome this NT-specific default setting.

This is sort of a generic emacs question: How do you undo built in hooks?
The FAQ warns about depending about the ordering of hooks, but does not
suggest any workarounds.

Mark

Mark D. Grosen     [email-masked]      
Spectron Microsystems / A Dialogic Company
315 Bollay Drive
Goleta, CA 93117
805 968-5100       805 968-9770 (FAX)

---

From: David Biesack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 14:20:35 -0400

> This is sort of a generic emacs question: How do you undo built in hooks?

check out advice.el ; you should be able to attach after advice
to the builtin hook.

-- 
David J. Biesack                                    [email-masked]
Object Programming Technology                  (919) 677-8000 ext 7771
SAS Institute Inc. SAS Campus Drive Cary, NC 27513  http://www.sas.com