Subject: NTemacs Crypt++ and PGP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 09:35:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all....

well yesterday i posted that i could not pgp and ntemacs to work
together with mailcrypt and thanks to several users i was able to get
this to work...

but alas i have one other problem with NTemacs and encryption...

what i am trying to do is use emacs and crypt++ to edit text files and
the encrypt them back to disk... also i then want to edit and
encrypted file and gice it the password and it is decrypted in my
buffer and then i can edit it and it is written back out as encrypted
text...

mind you all of this works on my unix platform so i am sure it is
something i need to set that i am not sure about...

i have byte compiled crypt++ under NTemacs...

i have verified that pgp functions because it works with mailcrypt
with NTemacs and works on a limited basis with crypt++...

here is what happens....
 
i edit a file and then write it out with the filename.pgp... the
".pgp" causes crypt++ to prompt for password and then pgp encrypts
it...

this works only once...

if i try to do this to another file i can encrypt it but i cannot
decrypt it back in the same emacs session...

i look in the messages buffer and all appears to work as it shows the
pass phrase as being good but i get a pgp -h message in the buffer
window and the decrypted text never shows...

if i quit emacs and start it up again i can decrypt the last message
but if i try to decrypt the first on i get same error...

on the command line pgp will decrypt both files with no problems...

has anyone experienced this type of behavior...

in my .emacs i have...

(setq shell-command-switch "-c")
(setq win32-quote-process-args t)
(setq default-shell "/bin/sh.exe")
 
;;; CRYPT++ options ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(setq crypt-encryption-type 'pgp 
	  crypt-encryption-file-extension "\\(\\.pgp\\)$"
	  crypt-confirm-password nil
	  crypt-auto-write-buffer t	;encode as file-extension suggests
	  crypt-freeze-vs-fortran nil
	  crypt-bind-insert-file t)

(require 'crypt++)

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated...

thanks
andreas

   Steller Computer Consultants	 	Andreas Kaempf
	P.O. BOX 3873			
     Nashua, NH 03062  USA	      [email-masked]