Subject: nt-emacs wishlist

From: [email-masked] (Rajeev Karunakaran)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 21:07:28 -0700

Geoff,

Thank you very much for making emacs available on NT. I have two
requests which I think will make emacsnt even more powerful.

1.  Ability to open files by dragging files from File Manager
    to the emacs window. This is extremely easy to implement--about
    5 lines of code. (Note: this has nothing to do with OLE drag-n-drop.
    This is implemented by handling the WM_DROPFILES message.
    DragAcceptFiles() must be called at startup time.)

    Despite the fact that this is extremely easy to implement, the
    added functionality is extremely useful.

2.  I use the emerge-files command a lot. This command tries to create
    a temporary file with a special character such as "*" in it, and the
    file creation fails. It will be great to have this one fixed.
    Note: I am using emacs version 19.30.1

Thanks a million, and please check out my own freeware contribution:
    http://www.wix.com/PageDraw/

Regards,

Rajeev