Subject: Fonts and colours in new frames

From: Glenn Proctor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:18:53 GMT

Hi

I am using Emacs 19.34.1 on NT 3.51 and I'm having a rather curious
problem.

I have an extensively customised set of faces and use a different font
than the default. This works fine in the initial emacs frame.

However, when I create a new frame (either from File->New Frame or
from within e.g. the VM package), the new frame does not honour *some*
of the faces, e.g. the background settings. Curiously (to me), some of
the faces I;ve set *are* honoured - e.g. the modeline and the
foreground.

The new frame has the default emacs font.

This leads to having to manually re-load the elisp file with the face
definitions in it every time I create a new frame - which I'd rather
not do.

Can anyone suggest how to get around this?

Thanks in advance

Glenn.

-- 
  Glenn Proctor   Artificial Life Group   British Telecom Laboratories
  Admin 2 PP5, BT Laboratories, Martlesham Heath, Suffolk IP5 7RE.
  Tel +44 (0)1473 642405 Fax +44 (0)1473 647410 [email-masked]