Subject: gnuserv and exiting; customization

From: Paul Koning/US/3Com <Paul_Koning/US/[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Oct 96 16:43:42 EDT

Gnuserv is nice, but it doesn't seem to obey commands from Windows
to quit when I'm shutting down.  And/or perhaps that's a problem in
Emacs itself.  

On a different topic -- there are some nice ways to customize the way Emacs
displays frame titles (which appear in the window title bar).  Here's what
I used:

(setq frame-title-format '("%b (%t:" mode-name minor-mode-alist ")"))
(setq icon-title-format '("Emacs"))

That creates a title that looks roughly like the mode bar at the bottom of
the Emacs window, with a few things omitted and the layout changed slightly.
Unfortunately, the "icon-title-format" only controls the initial icon; after you
open the window, the frame title overrides it.  (Windows restriction?)

Finally... there's a weirdness with frame sizes.

If I specify an initial frame height using -geometry in the runemacs line,
the line count is the total frame height including the minibuffer.  The
same appears to be true for the "initial-frame-parameters" variable.
But for "default-frame-parameters", it is the text window height not counting
the minibuffers, so it's off by 3.  And if I start emacs by invoking
gnuclient (without arguments) then the height from initial-frame-parameters
is used as the height NOT including the minibuffer size.  Very confusing...

 paul