Subject: Re: > gnuclient

From: Andrew Innes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 16:53:09 +0100

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996 10:25:09 -0400, David Biesack <[email-masked]> said:
[ .. ]
>I took the gnuclient source and made a second gnuclientq.exe which has
>the -q option set by default and use that in my file
>associations. (Anyone know how to build an exe that NT can launch
>without starting a console? I'm using VC 4.0 but I've only built console
>apps)

There is a very easy way to change the app type of any binary:

Edit foo.exe in Emacs, isearch for "pe" and press RET.  Then type M- 9 0
right (to go right 90 bytes).  The character under the cursor should be
^C (this means the executable is marked as a console app).  Change that
character to ^B (GUI app), and save.

AndrewI

---

From: Clemens Lahme <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:02:19 +0200

Yet another gnuclient question.

The emacs window (frame) does not raise up to the front and
also does not get the focus after loading a file with gnuclient.
I even tried it with gnudoit:
   gnudoit "(raise-frame (selected-frame))"
But it didn't work, either. Does anybody know a solution.

I am using ntemacs 19.32 under Windows 95 and the gnuserv package
from cs.washington.

Regards,
   Clemens

after invoking gnuclient, the emac