Subject: RE: gnuclient

From: "Charles S. Henkel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 19:54:05 -0600

I get the same DOS boxes under NT4.0b2 and emacs 19.33.

In addition, I thought I'd point out that you can put a shortcut to gnuclient in your "SendTo" folder. Then, you just have to right click to send the file to emacs.  This avoids having to define a bunch of associations for files which may not be desirable (e.g., Tcl/Tk or Perl source).

----------
From:  Paul Mitchell[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:  Wednesday, September 11, 1996 3:39 PM
To:  [email-masked]
Subject:  gnuclient

I recently downloaded gnuserv.zip from
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html for use with
emacs-19.34 running under win95.

This package allows you to get the file association behavior whereby
double-clicking on a file causes your already running emacs to read said
file into a buffer.  This works fine except each file that is read into
emacs in this manner causes a gnuclient DOS box to open.  If you do this for
a while your task bar fills up with these gnuclient DOS boxes which don't go
away until you do a kill-buffer on the buffer associated with the DOS box.
Am I doing something wrong here, or is this an unavoidable feature of gnuclient?

****     Paul Mitchell - NeoCortek, Inc.     ****
****       [email-masked]       ****
**** Tel: (508) 779-0355 Fax: (508) 779-2941 ****