Subject: RE: icon

From: Foster Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:34:04 -0500

Oh, the Microangelo icon editing app can be found at:

http://www.impactsoft.com/muangelo/muangelo.html
<http://www.impactsoft.com/muangelo/muangelo.html> 

and it is one of those annoying 30-day trials--Oh, gawd!-and it can
read/write .icl (Icon Library) files-I forgot to mention the .icl resource
in my last mailing.  Again, this app is the ultimate overkill for icons.  So
if you're into that sort of thing...

If you want to go the long way, but full freeware, IrfanView is a fine piece
of win32 freeware-works great and doesn't nag you-and can be found at:

http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/ <http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/> 

You'll need to pass the icon to this app via .jpg or .png (Stallman doesn't
like the CompuServe .gif!)

 As for this being a "thoroughly ignorant question", well maybe you are
right, but every one of us doesn't know something that thousands of other
people find obvious.  You know something I don't know, and I'd tell you what
that is, if I knew it!  but if we all help each other out...

http://www.opensource.org/ <http://www.opensource.org/>  <-- not as far left
as RMS, but then again, who is?

Thanks,

Foster Lee
Satisfied emacs luser
JAPH

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Paul Thompson [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Thursday, February 25, 1999 11:20 AM
	To:	Foster Lee
	Cc:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	RE: icon

	Pardon a thoroughly ignorant question, but

	At 06:47 PM 2/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
	>You might want to try microangelo, which is by far the best win32
	>icon-editing app.

	is this freeware?  M$ware? Shareware? otherware?