Subject: Re: Problems??

From: "Dr Francis J. Wright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:30:16 +0000

Eli Napchan wrote:

> 3. when I look in info mode, the links are not highlighted. I can not
> jump to a link by clicking a mouse button by itself (need both of them
> pressed), or pressing return.

I think that there is a bug in the Lisp code supporting info. 
Approximately the following is the case.  Somewhere, the highlighting is
turned on for pc and x.  You need to add win32 to the list.  I think
that works, but I only half finished investigating this.

As for the mouse, I recommend buying a 3-button mouse.  Otherwise, you
have to grapple with the emulation of the third button by pressing both
buttons.

> 4. how can I drop more than one file into the emacs icon?

Exactly as for any other windows application: select the set of files
(in Explorer, on the desktop, etc.) and drop the whole selection onto
the Emacs icon.  (I put an Emacs icon on my desktop.)  But Emacs will
pick up the (short) DOS names -- this problem is known.

> 5. clicking on the window separator (when two windows are shown)
> deletes the window above it. How can I change it so that it expands
> the window?

You have to use the correct mouse button -- the middle one -- then it
works.

> 7. When installing the system a directory called __a51211.long was
> created together with bin, etc, info, lock and list. Is is needed?
> Can I remove it (it is empty).

I don't recall seeing that.  Maybe you used a wierd version of tar or
gzip that put it there?

Francis

-- 

Dr Francis J. Wright  (Senior Tutor for Mathematics)
School of Mathematical Sciences   | Email:     [email-masked]
Queen Mary & Westfield College    | Telephone: +44 171-975 5453 (direct)
Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK  | Fax:       +44 181-981 9587 (dept.)
      World Wide Web Home Page URL: http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~fjw/