Subject: No .info suffix for info files ?

From: Ulrich Beyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:16:08 +0200

Hi all,

I just figured out, that NTEmacs seems not to care about Info-suffix-list.
Why ??

Due to this I cannot access info files within the company wide info
directory, that lies on a UNIX host. The dir file there contains only
references to basenames of the info files and usually for each of these
references there has to be a file with that basename and one of the
suffixes listed in Info-suffix-list, isn't it ?

Any idea ?

=uli=
+- ===== ===== = --- ===== ====  +- Ulrich Beyer - [email-masked] -------+
+   /   /     /     /     /      |  Teles AG, Berlin, Germany          |
+  /   +==   /     +==   +===+   |  Tel. +49 30 399 28 00              |
+ /   /     /     /         /    |  Fax. +49 30 399 28 01              |
+= - ===== ===== ===== ====+ ------------------------------------------+
+ THE OPINION OF MY EMPLOYER IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE THE SAME AS MINE =+

---

From: Andrew Innes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:51:09 +0100

>I just figured out, that NTEmacs seems not to care about Info-suffix-list.

It appears to have been superceded by the variable Info-directory-list.
Don't know when that happened though.

AndrewI