Subject: InstallSHIELD (was Re: command-line emacs under nt 4.0)

From: [email-masked] (Tom Horsley)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 97 21:33:07 -0500

>I guess I should examine the license terms in more detail.

I've just been poking around in my VC++ CDs, and the "SDK Edition" of
InstallSHIELD has been part of the VC++ release since 4.0 at least.  I can't
find any references to license requirements to use it (other than having to
have bought VC++), so it certainly looks usable from the legal standpoint
(or I haven't looked hard enough :-). How technically limited this SDK
Edition is is a separate question I don't know the answer to.

--
[email-masked]  or  [email-masked]
Work: Concurrent Computers, 2101 W. Cypress Creek Rd. Ft. Lauderdale FL  33309
The 2 most important political web sites: http://www.vote-smart.org (Project
Vote Smart), and http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/TomHorsley (Me!)

---

From: Nick Silberstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 07:46:51 -0800 (PST)

> Edition is is a separate question I don't know the answer to.

A Norweigan fellow who goes by the handle Jgaa (home.so.no/jgaa/ I
think) produces the War FTP Daemon for Win95/NT; he also produces an
install package similar to InstallShield.  Both are completely free.

Nick

-- 
	A man was reading The Canterbury Tales one Saturday morning, when his
wife asked "What have you got there?"  Replied he, "Just my cup and Chaucer."

---

From: "Dr Francis J. Wright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:59:53 +0000

> install package similar to InstallShield.  Both are completely free.

Thanks, that's a useful pointer I didn't know about.  But actually the
URL is http://home.sol.no/jgaa/, to save anyone else interested the need
to search for it.

Francis

-- 

Dr Francis J. Wright  (Senior Tutor for Mathematics)
School of Mathematical Sciences   | Email:     [email-masked]
Queen Mary & Westfield College    | Telephone: +44 171-975 5453 (direct)
Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK  | Fax:       +44 181-981 9587 (dept.)
      World Wide Web Home Page URL: http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~fjw/