Subject: Re: "spawning child process: invalid argument" in NT emacs 19.34

From: [email-masked] (Brian Tibbetts)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:27:35 -0400

> 	I heard that GNU ispell 4.0 doesn't work quite well with TeX/LaTex
> files. Is there a binary code of older ispell for Windows NT?
> 

I have been digging into this one.  I have found that the character
counts reported by ispell4 don't line up with the actual character
counts in the file processing mode.  Control characters confuse it,
like <CR>, <LF>, etc. This is a problem for all files, not just
TeX/LaTex files.  I managed to dig up a msdos version of ispell4;
it has the same problem.

I am currently pursuing two possibilities.  The first is to port
ispell3. This is a brand new experience for me and it is going to take
some time (help is, of course, welcome).  Second possibility may be to
check jspell.  I don't know what interface requirements there are and
it must be purchased.

Brian

-- 
===========================================================
Brian Tibbetts		                Tel: (518) 276-2275
Graduate Research Assistant,  
Center for Advanced Technology in 
Robotics, Automation, and Manufacturing
http://cat.rpi.edu/~tibbetts		Fax: (518) 276-4897