Subject: Re: NT Emacs and Mailcrypt

From: "Eric Swenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 11:59:31 -0800

What does Jeff Schiller say about adding a Win32 version to the MIT
distribution site?  Jeff, is there a problem in integrating these changes
and including a Win32 version in the MIT distribution?  Lots of us would
feel much more comfortable if it were included, rather than having all
these unofficial versions floating about.  -- Eric
----------
From: Ron Forrester <[email-masked]>
To: 'Eric Swenson' <[email-masked]>; Ron Forrester
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]'; NTEmacs Users
<[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: NT Emacs and Mailcrypt
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 1996 9:32 AM

>And where is the right place to get this Win32 version of PGP?  Last I
>checked, the MIT web site didn't have one available.  I have one, but I
got
>it from someone on the net who gave me the version he built on his machine
>from sources that I didn't have access to.  It would really be nice to
have
>an "official" distribute of a Win32 version of PGP available somewhere (I
>suspect there is, but no one was able to point me to one when I last
>looked).  -- Eric

The problem is, thanks to boneheaded US law, its a pain to manage an
official distribution site for something like PGP, which is consider
munitions under US export law -- this means a site has to verify US
citizenship before allowing access to PGP.

I have offered my patches to the standard source code on several occasions,
and am still willing to email them to those who are deft with patch and
building source.

rjf
----------