Subject: Using menubar kills emacs

From: Dag Nummedal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:46:42 +0100

It seems there is a bug in the menuhandling during startup.

1. If I show a menu and deselect it before .emacs finishes, emacs is fine.

2. If I select a menuitem, such as "Select all buffer", or "Open file", the
command will execute when .emacs etc. has finishec.

3. If any popupmenu is selected when the processing my .emacs file finishes,
emacs will hang.  

The .emacs I used contained only (sleep-for 10), no other changes from default.
I tested with emacs version 19.34 and 19.31.

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Douglas Gray Stephens)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 96 17:28:16 CST

Hi,

I've also experience similar problems:

 > I tested with emacs version 19.34 and 19.31.

I'm using emacs 19.33.1 with NT 4.0.

If I start emacs, and move the window before the initialisation has
completed, the emacs session freezes, with only the pull down menus
function (that is they pull down, but then do not do the expected
thing (e.g. open a new frame)).  I have the same experience if I open
a new frame (e.g. when vm mail starts up and opens a new window).

I've learnt to be patient, but a better solution would be nice!

Thanks,

Douglas.

-- 

================================
Douglas GRAY STEPHENS        
Schlubmerger Austin Product Centre,
8311 North FM 620,
AUSTIN,
TX 78726

Phone +1 512 331 3717
Fax   +1 512 331 3760
Email [email-masked]
================================