Subject: GNU Emcas f�r Microsoft Windows 95/NT

From: "Agon S. Buchholz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 16:44:56 +0100

Hi Geoff,

maybe you remember me; I mailed you a few days ago because I had
problems downloading your port of GNU Emacs from Germany; a few days
later everything worked fine. The explanation was quite simple; the USA
were connected to Europe with 2 MBit/s; a few weeks ago two 45 MBit/s
lines were installed; in the first time this caused several problems,
but in the meantime it works and *is* fast. Connections from Europe to
the USA should now work fine, at least when accessing the Internet from
the DFN or other Scientific Networks.

Anyway, since there are not many mirrors in Europe, I put the compiled
binaries on our server
(http://www.fachdid.fu-berlin.de/SE3/Service/Emacs/); the HTTP-document
is in German and uses a <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> statement, but everybody should
be able to get the files. If you're interested to make this an
"official" mirror, we can give you an account on our FTP-server ("WAR
FTPd" 1.52, currently under construction).

Thanks for your time, -asb