Subject: Re: A NTEMACS morror for Europe?

From: MAGNUS BARK (FARBROR SKOJSKOJ) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:41:57 MET-1MET DST

>> I have some good news; Last week, we got 20GB of physically small
>> disk, wich now are up and going.
>> 
>> Therefore, we are able to mirror your distribution of emacs for WIN95
>> and NT.
>
>great!  thanks, I really appreciate this.
>
:)  The main reason for me doing this is because I worked at a place
(as a SysAdm ) a year ago, where they run Win NT on the servers. And
if one, like me was used to emacs, DOSedit is fun ... not. Now this
place didn't have any programming tools at all, I couldn't compile it
for meself. And as your distribution worked perfect, I now want to
help others.

>> Now, what do you think I should do? A good start for me would be a
>> listing of the filetree, so I could do an exact copy.
>
>overall, I'm not sure.  I've never tried to support mirrored sites
>other than via manual updates.  but here's the listing to start with
>(relative to ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs):

OK, I downloded, without any problems, all the distributions
yesterday. You can take a look at ftp.ctrl-c.liu.se under
/windows/emacs or
http://www.ctrl-c.liu.se/ftp/windows/emacs

Well, because we run OpenVMS, I had some problems with the filenams;
In RMS, the file system manager, only A-Z, -, _, ., and $ are alowed in
filenames. And only one ".". Therefore, a file called
foo.bar.gazonk.zip is translated into FOO$BAR$GAZONK.ZIP . I'll
rewrite the readmefiles. And the utility crypt++.el became CRYPT--.EL
. :/

--
Magnus Bark (a.k.a. Farbror Skojskoj)    
[email-masked]
http://www.ctrl-c.liu.se/~bark/ 

  "hacker
      A person who delights in having an intimate understanding of the
      internal workings of a system, computers and computer networks in
      particular.  The term is often misused in a pejorative context,
      where 'cracker' would be the correct term.  See also: cracker."
   RFC 1982