Subject: Re: ftp problems (Emacs)

From: David Burns <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 10:07:20 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Geoff,

I dont know the procedure, but here in the UK there are several sites 
that maintain very large collections of software, have very fast links, 
and probably wouldnt notice another 50Mb.

The largest are:

src.doc.ic.ac.uk

and

micros.hensa.ac.uk (Try email [email-masked])

Unfortunately I cant point you to anyone in particular as I dont know 
anyone with either organisation. I have in the past been able to find 
anything I wanted at one of these sites though. I hope they can help!

Cheers,

Dave Burns

===========================================================================

David Burns -     St John's College Cambridge. CB2 1TP.
	          Cavendish Laboratory, Madingley Road, Cambridge. CB3 0HE.
	          Tel  (0370) 233021
	          Tel (01223) 337365 (Cambridge Univ. 37365)

===========================================================================