Subject: RE: ntemacs & micro$oft developer studio ...

From: "ROSBACH, HANS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:26:48 +0100

matt writes:

> 
> 3.) is there anyway of disabling the default editor in micro$oft
> developer studio and getting it to use another one (specifically
> ntemacs) ?
> 

I have not found any way to make developer studio make emacs the
default editor. However, I have made it possible for me to start
editing a file reasonably easy:
 Look in the Tools menu, and select Customize ...
 Select Tools, and use the Add button to make a command.
 The command You need is:
  some-directory\gnuclientw.exe
 with arguments:
  +$(CurLine) $(FilePath)

Also in the Keyboard part I have defined
 UserTool1 to use Ctrl+E

Now I can type C-e in the developer studio window for that file, and
get to the correct line in Emacs.

Hope this helps a little.

> 
> what about a proper window manager that might be able to LOWER a
> window? and maybe give me a virtual desktop ? (eg. fvwm?)

You are not alone!

> 
> also does anyone know of a proper cli/shell for windows 95/nt rather
> than the crippled DOS prompt window? (say zsh? with a proper find
> command?)

I'm at the moment looking at bash. It is referred to from the FAQ.

Hans
[email-masked]