Subject: RE: > Problem passing file paths as arguments to gnudoit

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:57:05 -0200

I am already using gnuclientw to invoke Emacs from MSDev. The MSDev
editor was not replaced by Emacs but I got both working in a
"cooperative" manner.

Using Tools - Customize command I added a Emacs item to the menu tools
and configured it to call a cmd file called gotolinecolumn.cmd with the
following parameters: 

$(FilePath) $(CurLine) $(CurCol)

The Close window on exiting option was enabled. Through the Tools -
Options command I configured the Editor to save the files before running
tools and to automatically reload externally modified files.

The source of gotolinecolumn.cmd is:

j:\util\nt\emacs\bin\gnuclientw %1
j:\util\nt\emacs\bin\gnudoit -q  (goto-line %2) (move-to-column (- %3 1)
1)

The first line invokes Emacs and the second places the cursor in the
same line and column that it was in the MSDev editor. After saving a
file in Emacs, MSDev automatically reloads that file. Emacs usually
warns me when a file was modified by MSdev and gives me a chance to
revert to it.

I would like to make other things, like to jump from a file opened in
MSdev to the same file already opened in Emacs, just setting the cursor
position in the same way above but I believe the only way to do that is
with Lisp routines.

Carlos Henrique Bauer

Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos - UNISINOS
Laboratorio de Automacao Industrial - LAI
------------------------------------------------
http://lai.unisinos.tche.br
Av. Unisinos, 950             Phone: 55515903333
93022-000 Sao Leopoldo RS     FAX:   55515921035
Brazil

>----------
>From: 	David Biesack[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	Quarta-feira, 27 de Novembro de 1996 15:58
>To: 	[email-masked]
>Subject: 	> Problem passing file paths as arguments to gnudoit
>
>
>Use gnuclientw.exe in the latest gnuserv distributions (see the ntemacs
>home page). gnuclientw.exe defaults to -q behavior, handles backslashes
>and spaces etc. and runs as a Windows app instead of a Console app, so
>no console pops up. (gnuclientw.exe is also a nice "editor" to
>associate
>for text and other files, btw.)
>
>When you get MSDev configured to use Emacs/gnuclient to edit files
>**please** post that -- I've asked everywhere I can think of on how to
>replace the braindead Developer Studio editor in VC++ (and VJ++), and
>no
>one seems to know how. 
>