Subject: Re: New newsgroup?

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 21:50:09 -0400

However, the .help part implies that these groups will be used to post
    DOS- and Windows-specific problems in using ports of GNU software.  If
    that is correct, then that is exactly what comp.os.msdos.djgpp is, as
    far as DJGPP-compiled ports are considered.

Having this discussion, which is entirely about GNU software, carried
on in a place not labeled with "gnu" is unfortunate for the GNU
project.  I would like to change this.

One way I can try to change this is to create gnu.msdos.help, announce
it, and encourage its use.

Do you have any other ideas for how to change this?

---

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:39:37 +0300 (IDT)

> project.  I would like to change this.

I understand that.  I'm just concerned about the possibility that this
group won't gain momentum.

> Do you have any other ideas for how to change this?

Can one group be ``reflected'' into another?  If so, maybe making the
DJGPP group and the GNU group be the same is something to consider?

Asking DJ Delorie about his opinion and ideas might also help.

---

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 21:50:09 -0400