Subject: recover-file requires Unix ls command

From: Douglas Gray Stephens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 96 17:14:00 CDT

Hi,

I've started working on a PC, after many years on a Sun Workstation,
and have installed emacs, and several related packages (ispell,
printing, VM mail, ange-ftp etc.).  

I've noticed that recover-file does not work, as it tries to call
"ls", and I've not installed any unix commands.  I suspect that the
code code be modified to use the file attributes (c.f. dired), rather
than using a system call.

Has anyone patched the recover-file function in files.el for NT?

Thanks,

Douglas.

-- 

================================
Douglas GRAY STEPHENS        
Schlubmerger Austin Product Centre
P.O. Box 200015,             
AUSTIN                  
TX 78720-0015

Phone +1 512 331 3717
Fax   +1 512 331 3760
Email [email-masked]
================================