Subject: shell-command and shell-command-on-region

From: Chris Kolb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 11:44:12 -0400 (EDT)

Good Morning,  I've been running emacs for years on Unix systems, and am
just switching to PC's, and I'm having problems with the shell-command and
shell-command-on-region.  Shell-mode operates as expected, and invokes my
prefered shell (currently MKS's Korn shell).  The shell-command and
shell-command on region return the following message: "/c: /c: not found".

Any hints would be appreciated.  Thanks in Advance

Chris Kolb

VAutomation.com	        Synthesizable HDL       Phone: 603-882-2282
20 Trafalgar Sq.        Cores for ASIC and	Fax:   603-882-1587
Suite 443               FPGA solutions.		Email: [email-masked]
Nashua, NH 03063                                WWW:   www.vautomation.com

---

From: Brent Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Sep 1996 12:20:11 -0400

> shell-command on region return the following message: "/c: /c: not found".

You should use:

  (setq shell-command-switch "-c")

in your .emacs file.