Subject: [[email-masked]: Some useful defaults for shell mode on Windows NT]

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 03:50:29 -0400

If you think something like this should be installed somewhere,
could you please send me a patch to do it in a clean way?

------- Start of forwarded message -------
From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Some useful defaults for shell mode on Windows NT
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:10:18 -0700
X-Mailer:  Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector Version 4.0.993.5
Encoding: 15 TEXT

In GNU Emacs 19.33.1 (i386-*-nt4.0) of Wed Aug 14 1996 on ERICH4
configured using `configure NT'

I've found that the following code in my .emacs makes shell mode on
Windows NT more pleasant; I suspect almost all other NT Emacs users
would feel the same way, so I propose that these variables have these
values by default on NT:

      ;; To prevent all command lines from getting echoed.
      (add-hook 'shell-mode-hook '(lambda () (setq explicit-cmd.exe-args
'("/q"))))

	;; To prevent unsightly control-Ms from showing up in the shell buffer.
      (add-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions 'comint-strip-ctrl-m)
------- End of forwarded message -------