Subject: Re: Setting the startup directory for emacs

From: Geoff Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 07:17:58 +1000

Hi,

I just did it - Alt+Enter over start bar brings up taskbar properties
window. Pick the tab "Start Menu Programs" and select "Advanced".

This opens Explorer - you  need to find Emacs. It's buried under 

	WinNT-Profiles-All Users-Start Menu-Prograns

Select the Emacs icon when it is displayed on the RH window of Explorer 
and select File-Properties.

Select the tab Shortcut, and edit the field callled "Start in"

I set this to C:\users\%USERNAME% and it worked fine

Regards,
Geoff
___________________________________________________________________________

 Geoff Thompson                         CiTR / Hewlett-Packard
 Phone:  +61 7 3858 2269                16 McDougall St
 Fax:    +61 7 3858 2285                Milton
 Email:  [email-masked]      Australia 4072
___________________________________________________________________________

   N
 W + E    .-_|\     CiTR,       "If the deck's been stacked before the deal
   S     /     *    Brisbane,    You learn to compromise"
         \_.-._/    Qld.                                      - Kev Carmody
              v