Subject: tcsh within NTEmacs

From: [email-masked] (Chris McMahan)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 17:56:04 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone been able to use tcsh as a shell within NTEmacs shell mode
under Windows 95?

I can run it successfully within a DOS window, but not from the emacs
shell mode.

Any suggestion?

Chris McMahan

-- 
==========================================================
Chris McMahan              	[email-masked]	
Teknowledge Corporation	      http://www.teknowledge.com/
(415) 424-0500
==========================================================
100,000 lemmings can't be wrong...

---

From: [email-masked] (ed park)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 22:09:27 -0700

>Has anyone been able to use tcsh as a shell within NTEmacs shell mode

yes.

>I can run it successfully within a DOS window, but not from the emacs

sorry, not really.  i can't think of anything special i did.  i put a copy
of tcsh.exe in \bin and "set SHELL=c:\bin\tcsh.exe" in emacs.bat, and it
comes up when i run M-x shell.  i have tcsh ver 1.27, emacs ver 19.31.1,
running under win95.

ed
_______________________________________________________________
Rolla Edward Park                    
661 Leek Road, Roberts Creek         604-886-0271 (home, voice)
RR5 S9 C13                           604-886-0513 (home, fax)  
Gibsons, British Columbia V0N 1V0    [email-masked] (internet)