Subject: Re: Telnet?

From: "Russell Steinthal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:50:24 -0500

On  4 Feb 97 at 11:23, Phil Goodwin wrote:

> The FAQ says that there is really no way to run a telnet session from within
> NT EMACS. Is this really true? The FAQ suggested that either telnet.el could
> be rewritten to handle the telnet session directly or that a console mode
> telnet program could be written and used. Has anyone actually done either of
> those things since the FAQ was written?

I haven't tried to use it with Emacs, but I've been using a beta 
version of a console mode telnet program which seems to work pretty 
well  (I've had some problems with its ansi/vt100 emulation, but 
that's about it.)  I've included a copy of the release announcement 
for it below.

-Russell

Date sent:        Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:14:24 -0600
To:               [email-masked]
From:             Brad Johnson <[email-masked]>
Subject:          Console Telnet 2.0 beta 3
Send reply to:    Brad Johnson <[email-masked]>

I have released beta 3 of Console Telnet. You can download it from my
web page at:

http://www.chrysalis.org/jbj

Please let me know what you think.

see ya,
Brad Johnson
(Please use PGP in e-mail if you can.)

[email-masked] 
http://www.chrysalis.org/jbj/
PGP-mail is encouraged ! Key from homepage + servers 
Key ID = E77819E1

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Russell Steinthal               
<[email-masked]>
<[email-masked]>
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=