Subject: Re: Kermit95

From: "Dr Francis J. Wright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 16:08:23 +0000

Beware that the Win32 version of Kermit is not available for free,
unlike all other versions.  It costs of the order of $50.  Since it
offers a lot of facilities that I no longer use (like the kermit file
transfer protocol!) I think that for my purposes the other (virtunix)
console-based telnet program is likely to be a better bet.

Francis

-- 

Dr Francis J. Wright  (Senior Tutor for Mathematics)
School of Mathematical Sciences   | Email:     [email-masked]
Queen Mary & Westfield College    | Telephone: +44 171-975 5453 (direct)
Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK  | Fax:       +44 181-981 9587 (dept.)
      World Wide Web Home Page URL: http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~fjw/

---

From: Hugh Daschbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 22:10 PST

> This reference in the Columbia Univ library is not obvious to me. For =
> one they have a horrendous web site if you are looking for kermit. If =
> you have a better pointer, it might be nicer for us to locate it that =
> way. Please take a quick look at the page you referenced. I suspect they =
> have changed the way it looks since you last visited their web site.

Try http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95.html