Subject: emacs and termcap faces

From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Sep 1997 10:42:10 -0700

Hi!

I know this is not exactly the right place to send this message, but
is the best one I could think of.

The story is that I have some patches to make emacs work with termcap
faces (on terminal that support this). Because we are so advanced in
the pretest process they will not make it to the next release. 

The problem is that there should be done some more cleaning up and
better (and nicer) integration. I will not have time for this the next
2 month. There is not very much work involved in this. Right now
it works, but some ugly hacks are used to do this.

It would be great if somebody could pick up this and work on it to
have it finnished right after the next release (or even before).

I think it would be realy nice to have faces on terminals, and as I
said there is not much work involved in this.

I have 2 sets of patches: one against the 19.34 release and one
against the 20.0.93 pretest (this should probably apply cleanly to the
current pretest too, but I didn't try it).

If you are interested please email me, and I will send you the patches
RMS's comments about them and what I think it should be done more with
this.

Regards,
	Dan