Subject: Problem with vc-directory

From: Pat Knight <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 17:20:51 +0100

Apologies again. The key sequence which causes the send is CTRL-C!! 

I'm using version 19.34 on Windows 95 with RCS 5.7.

If I use vc-directory in a directory with sub-directories containing checked
out files, vc-directory fails with the message
Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

I tracked this down to the line
(insert (ls-lisp-format file (file-attributes-file file) switches)))...
at line 155.

The problem appears to be that the (setq file (filename-non-directory file))
on the previous line removes the sub-directory information from file, which
means that file-attributes-file looks for the file in the current directory.
I've commented out the setq line and vc-directory now works.

Does anyone know what I've broken by commenting out this line? I can't think
of a reason why I wouldn't want to pass the full filename to
file-attributes-file in this case.

Cheers,
	Pat

---

From: Pat Knight <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 09:37:15 +0100

>(insert (ls-lisp-format file (file-attributes-file file) switches)))...
The line is in ls-lisp.el, the version of insert-directory which doesn't
spawn a subprocess, but does the work itself.

Cheers,
	Pat