Subject: misc6x13 font

From: David Biesack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:27:44 -0500

I really like the misc6x13 font under X and have been using it for
years. I can install this font into Windows NT from
C:\exceed\fonts\misc\6x13.fon and it works in Notepad but when I try to
select it in Emacs via

 (set-default-font (win32-select-font)))

(it shows up in the dialog) or by placing

   (font . "-*-6x13-normal-r-*-*-13-97-*-*-c-*-*-ansi-")

in both initial-frame-alist and default-frame-alist, (that string is
what the font selector returns) or

 (set-default-font "-*-6x13-normal-r-*-*-13-97-*-*-c-*-*-ansi-")

or even setting the font in the registry, NT Emacs does not accept it. I
get no error, but the font which Emacs displays appears to be the MS
LineDraw font.  The font name shows up fine in the font selector and the
sample there even looks correct, but the Emacs frame displays the wrong
font.  Do X fonts not work in Windows?

We have the eXceed X server software version 5.3.1.0 installed on our NT
machines running NT 4.0, build 1381 SP 2 running: "GNU Emacs 19.34.1
(i386-*-nt4.0) of Thu Aug 29 1996 on BANANA-FISH"

Anyone know how I can get misc6x13 to work?

-- 
David J. Biesack       [email-masked]        [email-masked]
Object Programming Technology                  (919) 677-8000 ext 7771
SAS Institute Inc. SAS Campus Drive Cary, NC 27513  http://www.sas.com