Subject: FAQ: CFS Index to FAQs
From: [email-masked] (Roger Burns)
Date: 11 May 2004 10:50:22 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.med.cfs,alt.answers,news.answers

Archive-name: medicine/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/cfs-index
E-mail: send GET CFS INDEX to [email-masked]
Posting-Frequency: weekly
Last-modified: 2000/02/23

                             CFS Index to FAQs

This document describes the several FAQ files about chronic fatigue
syndrome and explains where to find them. These FAQs will be posted to
alt.med.cfs and will also be available via Listserv e-mail retrieval and
by
ftp. Details about how to retrieve these documents as files are
described
at the end of this document.

Some FAQs overlap in their coverage since some of them have been
developed
separately and independently. The CFS Resources FAQ will have much of
its
info repeated in the general CFS FAQ and in the Electronic Resources
FAQ.

                            Catalog of CFS FAQs

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS Index of FAQs
ftp archive name: cfs-index
Listserv filename: CFS INDEX (at St. John's and Albany)
Web page: http://www.cfs-news.org/cfs-indx.htm

This file.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS FAQ
ftp archive name: cfs-faq
Listserv filename: CFS FAQ (at St. John's and Albany)
Web page: http://www.cfs-news.org/faq.htm

Answers to typical questions about chronic fatigue syndrome. There is a
separate FAQ on CFS treatments.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS Treatments FAQ
ftp archive name: cfs-treatments
Listserv filename: CFS TREATMTS (at St. John's and Albany)

Treatments for chronic fatigue syndrome.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS alt.med.cfs/CFS-L Topics, Rules and Information
ftp archive name: cfs-guidelines
Listserv filename: CFS-L RULES (at St. John's)
Web page: http://members.aol.com/cfslists/cfsrules.htm

Rules and technical info about the CFS discussion group, i.e. the
newsgroup
alt.med.cfs and the mailing list CFS-L.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS Network Help
ftp archive name: cfs-network-help
Listserv filename: CFS NET-HELP (at St. John's and Albany)
Web page: http://members.aol.com/cfslists/net-help.htm

Where to find discussion groups and info files about CFS available on
Internet, Usenet and Listserv.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS Resources
ftp archive name: cfs-resources
Listserv filename: CFS-RES TXT (at St. John's and Albany)

General resource file for CFS. Lists books, articles, national
organizations, newsletters, and electronic discussion groups and files.
A
large document (60K).

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS Electronic Resources
ftp archive name: cfs-electronic-resources
Listserv filename: CFS-NET TXT (at St. John's)
Web page: http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/5700/cfs-net.html

Lists all computer network resources for CFS on Internet, commercial
services, and BBSs. Includes advice for those new to computer
networking.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS IRC
ftp archive name: cfs-irc
Listserv filename: CFS IRC (at St. John's)

Describes how to participate in Internet Relay Chat (IRC, i.e., live
conferencing), and info about the CFS channel on the IRC Undernet
network.
A broader source of information on this topic can be found on the web at
URL http://www.cfs-news.org/irc.htm.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS alt.health.cfids-action/CFIDS-L Guidelines
ftp archive name: cfids-guidelines
Listserv filename: CFIDS-L WELCOME (at St. John's)
Web page: http://members.aol.com/cfslists/cfids-l.htm

Procedures and rules for the CFS political action group, i.e. the
newsgroup
alt.health.cfids-action and the mailing list CFIDS-L.

------------------------------

Subject: FAQ: CFS Hello survey
ftp archive name: cfs-hello
Listserv filename: CFS SURVEY (at Albany)

Survey for the get-to-know-you "Hello" files for the participants of the
alt.med.cfs / CFS-L group.

------------------------------

Subject: Getting these documents

On Usenet these FAQs will be posted to alt.med.cfs, with the Subject
lines
as shown in the description above.

Via anonymous ftp these files can be found at rtfm.mit.edu in directory
/pub/usenet/news.answers/medicine/chronic-fatigue-syndrome .

The documents can also be obtained by e-mail from various Listservs. To
do
so, create an e-mail message which contains the command the command GET
followed by the two-part Listserv filename. Send to the Listserv
indicated
in the description above. The various Listserv addresses are shown
below.
For example, to get the CFS Network Help file, send the command

   GET CFS NET-HELP

as an e-mail message to the address [email-masked] (or
to
any of the other Listserv that are also listed in that document's
description shown above).

Listserv addresses

St. John's  [email-masked]
    Albany  [email-masked]

------------------------------

For inquiries about these files, send e-mail to
[email-masked]. To participate in the development
of
the general and treatments FAQs, post messages to the FAQ topic of the
alt.med.cfs newsgroup or to the mailing list at
[email-masked]
(which is the same group.)

-- Roger Burns [email-masked]
   Moderator, CFS-L / alt.med.cfs

============ From: [email-masked] ===================