Subject: Re: time-stamp & time-zone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 10:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

] And at this point I realize that (current-time-zone) depends on the "TZ"
] environment variable in ways that I'm too tired to go and puzzle out.
]
] So: how do I get the time-zone name into the time-stamp format?

I was lazy. I placed SET TZ=PST8PDT in C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT.

If I were to do the "right thing", I believe I would have "the system
administrator" extract timezone information from the registry, from one
of:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\control\TimeZoneInformation

    (Default)         (value not set)
    ActiveTimeBias    a4 01 00 00
    Bias              e0 01 00 00
    DaylightBias      c4 ff ff ff
    DaylightFlag      02 00 00 00
    DaylightName      "Pacific Daylight Time"
    DaylightStart     00 00 04 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    StandardBias      00 00 00 00
    StandardName      "Pacific Standard Time"
    StandardStart     00 00 0a 00 00 00 05 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

and have him set TZ in C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT accordingly, for all the users to
avail themselves of.

Unfortunately, I *am* the sysadmin, and the only user, too, and I don't
know the first thing about programmatically extracting key values from
the registry.

Can anyone give me a pointer to solving this last problem?

Thank you,
Eric De Mund
--
Eric De Mund <[email-masked]>  |  PGP Key Fingerprint:
http://www.ixian.com/ead/     |  5349b223 af6c2081 eddd4c81 aac9d1a5