Subject: dired-do-copy wierdness

From: TK Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 19:51:05 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

I've noticed that when doing a dired-do-copy I will get the bogus error

c:/WINNT/Profiles/thomas/Desktop/pgp262s.zip: not in directory tree growing at /WINNT/Profiles/thomas/Desktop/

but *only* after an ange-ftp session.  The file path and filename are not
important, its just that when doing a dired-do-copy (and presumably other
dired-do's) on a local files after an ange-ftp session this error crops
up. 

Any clues?

TK Harris, IT Manager                      (601) 969-1434
NetDoor -> http://www.netdoor.com     FAX: (601) 969-3838

---

From: Peter Breton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 09:36:49 -0500

This message comes from the function dired-make-relative. This function
expects all the files in a tree to have a common root (ie, a substring)
and the drive letters confuse it. You can use the following to make it 
go away:

(defadvice dired-make-relative (before set-no-error activate)
   "For locate mode and Windows, don't return errors"
   (if (memq system-type (list 'windows-nt 'ms-dos))
       (ad-set-arg 2 t)
     ))

This should be fixed in the next version of Emacs.

			Peter