Subject: Problem With Emacs Dirred Mode

From: Frank Fabbrocino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:27:03 -0700

I am having a problem with emacs v19.31 on Windows NT.  When I run dirred
mode if I select a directory name with "f" or by pressing the enter key
when the cursor is over the directory name, the name that emacs tries to
open is the directory name minus the last letter.  For example, let's say
that the current directory contains two directories "foo" and "bar".  If I
try to open "foo", emacs responds by attempting to open "fo".  If I try
"bar", emacs does "ba" instead.  However, it works if the name is a file
and not a directory.  Do you have any ideas as how to fix this?  Thanks!

Later,
Frank

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank Fabbrocino                      | OK, I admit it: My girlfriend's just
Data Mining Laboratory                | an object to me.  Unfortunately
Computer Science Department           | there is some information hiding,
University of California Los Angeles  | but thankfully, she's fairly 
[email-masked]                     | encapsulated, nicely modular, and 
http://nugget.cs.ucla.edu:8001/~frank | has a very well defined interface!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------