Subject: AW: Re: Umlauts

From: "Marrei, Amir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 19:58 +0100

When I type a !, nothing happens. This has only happend with ntemacs so   
far. I had no problem with emacs-19.19 for dos, running on W95. The thing   
about the "~", in other apps, when I type it, I have to type another   
character so that it appears, with ntemacs, I get one as soon as I type   
it, and another when I type the next character.

Thanks

Amir

 ----------
Von:  Karel Sprenger[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Gesendet:  Donnerstag, 10. April 1997 14:47
An:  Marrei, Amir; ntemacs-users
Betreff:   Re: Umlauts

Hi,

At 11:27 AM 4/10/97 +0100, Marrei, Amir wrote:
>
>I'm having some problems with displaying some characters. I'm using a
>swiss keyboard, and when I type an accented character or one with an
>umlaut, I get \340 or \344. What do I have to do, so that it displays   
the
>actual character? Also, the "!" doesn't work.
>

Simply add
 (standard-display-european t)
to your .emacs file.  What do you mean with: the "!" does't work???

Cheers,
Karel Sprenger <[email-masked]>               | phone: +31-20-525 2302
Informatiseringscentrum                     |        +31-20-525 2741
Universiteit van Amsterdam                  | fax  : +31-20-525 2084
Turfdraagsterpad 9, NL-1012 XT  AMSTERDAM   | home : +31-20-670 0942
*** PGP Public Key available on servers *** | email: <[email-masked]>