Subject: Menus with key-bindings.

From: "ROSBACH, HANS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 11:20:25 +0100

I'm missing the key-bindings in the menus on NTEmacs. I have been used
to them from XEmacs on unix, and from a question I asked recently on the
comp.emacs group, I understand that on the unix version of Emacs the
key-bindings are also shown.

I found that having the key-bindings in the menus were a great help for
me to learn Emacs when I started. They still are useful when learning a
new package, or when that particular function of a package is not one I
use too often.

I also find that not having them makes it more difficult to get others
to use Emacs. My argument is that Emacs is as easy to use as notepad, if
you can use notepad at all, but infinitely more powerfull when you learn
it. I would like to be able to say that Emacs is not that difficult to
learn, but without the key-bindings shown in the menus, I'm not sure
that is true.

I hope that getting this corrected is high on the list of to-do items.
NTEmacs is a great tool, I just hope to be able to persuade others too.

Hans
-- 
Hans Amund Rosbach
[email-masked]