Subject: RE: unsubscribing

From: "David L Kindred (Dave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 97 10:48 EST

>>>>> "Geoff" == Geoff Voelker <[email-masked]> writes:

    Geoff> ...  Is there
    Geoff> another place where it might be useful to document this so
    Geoff> that users don't forget?

The big-trains list adds the following headers to all of its messages:

X-Comment: To get off of this list, mail an "unsubscribe" command to
X-Comment: [email-masked]
X-Questions: Mail problems/questions to [email-masked]

I don't know if it really helps or not though, except in the case of
an admin clearing an old account - I know from experience that isn't
always an easy thing to do.

---

From: Jack N Shoemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 10:17:44 -0500

Geoff,

   Another technique that I have seen some lists use is to place an
'X-Comment:' field in the mail header with something to the effect:

  to unsubscribe please e-mail [email-masked]

You get the idea.  I don't know if your list-serving software supports
this, but if it does it may be worth the effort.  Just my fiftieth of
a buck.  - Jack

-- 
Jack N Shoemaker / United Risk A & M / [email-masked]